February 25, 2013

37 Weeks

37 Weeks

Total Weight Loss/Gain: I was up 35 at my appointment last week and think I'm about the same today.  I have an appointment tomorrow, so I will know for sure then.


Size of Baby: Our baby is about the size of a winter melon - approximately 18.9 to 20.9 inches and weighs about 6.2 to 9.2 pounds (this is the range from now to delivery, so I would guess closer to the 6.2 size, but she could already be 7 if she's on course to be as big as her brother).

Maternity Clothes: Same - even my maternity shirts are starting to get on the short side and not covering as well...I think I'm a little big. Ha!

 
Sleep: Really rough the last two nights.  Lots of pain any time I shift and of course, lots of trips to the bathroom which it's also painful every time I have to get out of bed.  Pretty sure I'm up almost ever hour.  Logan slept 3-4 hours so this is definitely worse than when we had a newborn...maybe Abigail isn't going to be such a good sleeper and so my body is preparing me.  Ha!  I sure hope not though...


Movement: Mostly just shifts, turns and stretches.  She's running out of room :)


Cravings/Aversions: Same - I have been extra hungry lately and for sweets which is totally not good for me.  I am trying to eat a balanced diet, but all I seem to want are sweets.  Probably why I'm gaining so much here at the end.  Ugh.

 
What I Miss: Sleep, having energy, and being able to be on my feet for longer periods of time so I can actually accomplish stuff.

 
Gender: Our sweet little girl - Abigail!


Mood: Ok, but starting to stress A LOT.


Milestones: We made it to full term!!  I'm so very thankful to be here, and to know that our sweet girl is developed fully and ready for the world whenever she decides to make her arrival.  However, I still would like for her to be able to put on some more weight and to make it to 40 weeks so I can get more stuff done:)


Her room is almost completely cleared out, we've got a paint sample we're testing.  Right now, I'm thinking it might just be a tad too light, but I'm going to look at it in the morning.  I'm hoping it works though and doesn't take us as many different tries as it did with Logan's room.  Hopefully we will be painting this weekend and setting up her room next week.  I'm so anxious to get her crib all ready for her even though she'll spend the first couple weeks in the pack & play in our room.

Symptoms/Medical Concerns: Still having some pain, but it's still manageable so I'm VERY thankful for that.
 
The heartburn is driving me crazy and is much more constant, but I'm thankful that it's not all that severe.  Usually taking some TUMS or eating something non acidic is enough to give me relief.
 
Restless leg is driving me crazy, even during the day. And I'm having some swelling that has pretty much stuck around since Saturday so I'm guessing it's here for the rest of the pregnancy.
 
I haven't had any more crazy spots, and I'm thankful for that!
 
Stretch marks are getting ridiculous and I'm guessing they'll only get worse from here.  It's also making my belly VERY itchy, which is so not fun :(
 
Differences From Past Pregnancy: Pretty sure I've gained a very similar amount of weight this pregnancy, however, I feel MUCH bigger, and if you look a the pics below I'm pretty sure I'm a little bigger.

What I Look Forward To: Getting the nursery in order.  Also hopefully finishing up some of the de-cluttering throughout the house that I've been working on.  I really want it under control so I can maintain things better once she arrives.

Anything Else You'd Like to Share:  My doctor ended up not being in Friday, so my appointment was moved up to Thurs. and I saw the physicians assistant instead.  I was really bummed about it, but it happened this time with Logan too, so I at least knew who she was this time.  I was 1 centimeter dilated and still really high, so not much effacement.  I have an appointment tomorrow morning, so I will see if anything has chanced since last week.

I've also reached the point in my pregnancy (happened last time too since I seem to carry so large) where pretty much everyone, especially strangers, cannot seem to help but comment on my size.  I've had some pretty funny reactions from people when they notice my belly (of course, it is huge, so how could they not notice. Ha!).  Lots of WOW!'s and WHOAH's.  And most can't believe I still have 3 weeks left.  So far though this time I haven't been asked if I'm having twins yet.  Oh the joys of a giant belly :)

This picture was taken on Saturday (36 weeks 5 days)...

 
Ironically, I wore this same dress (different reason) at almost the exact same time in my pregnancy with Logan.  Here is my 36 weeks, 2 days when I was pregnant with Logan.  Unfortunately, not facing the same way, but to me, I can tell I'm just a little bigger and she seems to be higher, even though I would not have thought that she was...
 
 

No comments: