February 18, 2013

36 Weeks

36 Weeks

Total Weight Loss/Gain: My appointment isn't until Friday this week, so I'm a little bummed I have to wait until almost 37 weeks, but on my scale here, my weight has been fluctuating between 32-35 pounds up.  It's weird.  Like fluctuating that much within one day.


Size of Baby: Our baby is about the size of a honeydew - approximately 4.2 to 5.8 pounds and measures about 17.2 to 18.7 inches.

Maternity Clothes: Same - even my maternity shirts are starting to get on the short side and not covering as well...I think I'm a little big. Ha!

 
Sleep: Some days it feels like I just can't make it without some sleep, but somehow I do.


Movement: Mostly just shifts, turns and stretches.  She's running out of room :)


Cravings/Aversions: I have been extra hungry lately and for sweets which is totally not good for me.  I am trying to eat a balanced diet, but all I seem to want are sweets.  Probably why I'm gaining so much here at the end.  Ugh.

 
What I Miss: Not being limited on what I can do.

 
Gender: Our sweet little girl - Abigail!


Mood: Better, but still worried about getting everything done.


Milestones: 36 weeks - only 4 to go!  Almost full term :)  It's hard to believe we're actually here since 6 weeks ago, I was so scared we wouldn't make it this far.  I am not supposed to take any medication anymore should contractions increase & become regular again.  At this point, they will not do anything to stop labor.  However, I still would like to make it to 40 weeks if possible so I hope she takes her time :)


Making some progress in the cleaning out/organizing, but still have lots to do.

Symptoms/Medical Concerns: Either the visits to the chiropractor have worked, or she has shifted or prayers have worked, or a combination of all have made the last few days much better on the mobility and pain from the sciatic.  However, I have started having pain in other places in the hip area which makes me think maybe she's shifted some.  It's not nearly as severe or debilitating, but still a complication.  It's especially painful to lay down and any shifting at night.
 
Heartburn and restless legs are also driving me crazy, especially at night.  I've found if I eat some cereal or something right before bed it helps prevent the heartburn from being too bad, but that may also be contributing to my extra weight :)
 
The last 3 days have been crazy though as I've had the silvery/glittery spots each day, which if I lay down for at least 30 minutes, they go away, but it then results in a bad headache.  Not so much fun.  So far none today and hopefully they won't continue this week.
 
Differences From Past Pregnancy: Last pregnancy I did not get any stretch marks until 36-37 weeks and they were all right around my belly button - almost like sun rays - ha!  I was not good about using any lotion last time, so I've been pretty good about it this time trying to prevent lots more.  I'm still getting them on my stomach, but they're not as visible or itchy, so I think the lotion is working.  However, I just noticed I'm getting stretch marks in other places.  What??  I did not know that happened.  The extra weight I'm gaining seems to be going to my rear end (I apologize for saying that - I know TMI, but I need it documented) & thighs, so I guess that is why they are appearing in those places.  Ugh!

What I Look Forward To: I'm really looking forward to meeting our sweet girl, and part of me wants her to just be here, but I know it's best to wait longer.  I really do want her to be full term when she arrives, but I'm definitely looking forward to her birthday :)

Anything Else You'd Like to Share:  Still really bummed I won't get an ultrasound this week at my appointment :(  Also really bummed my doctor is out of town so my appointment isn't until Friday (which also means Abigail better wait until Friday or later to make her debut)

I'm getting really nervous about balancing life with 2 kiddos.  I LOVE Logan so so very much and I know I will love Abigail just as much, but it's still a little scary to think about having to split my time with them.  I do not want Logan to feel left out or unloved because I know that newborns require A LOT of time & attention.  I don't want Logan to ever feel like he's being replaced, or not loved.  I also feel bad that Abigail won't get the same one-on-one time with me that Logan had.  I hope to be able to do lots of little outings with Logan when someone else can help with Abigail, and have Brandon do the same.  I know Logan will get time with grandparents too that will help with some one-on-one time for me with Abigail.  I know we'll balance everything the best we can, but it's just really hard not to worry about it.

No picture, sorry :(

No comments: