February 4, 2013

34 Weeks

34 Weeks

Total Weight Loss/Gain: It appears I'm up 30, but my appointment isn't until Thursday this week so I won't know for sure until then.  Although I'm hoping to not gain more than the recommended 35 this time, so I need to gain less than a pound over the next 6-7 weeks.  It won't be the end of the world or anything, I'm just trying to keep from having a lot more work later on :)


Size of Baby: Our baby is about the size of a butternut squash - approximately 4.2 to 5.8 pounds and measures about 17.2 to 18.7 inches.

Maternity Clothes: Same mostly all maternity, but lots of pajamas.  Unfortunately for Logan, we aren't getting out much.

 
Sleep: Not sure I know what that is...


Movement: A lot calmer, but still pretty frequent.


Cravings/Aversions: Hot fudge sundaes are still delicious, but I haven't been giving in to them.  Only had one this week.  I drink a ton of water, but the last couple days it just hasn't tasted good to me, which is making it harder to keep me as hydrated as I need to be.

 
What I Miss: Sleep, walking without pain, and not being such an emotional basket case.

 
Gender: Sweet little girl!


Mood: Not the best.  Trying to be positive, but really struggling.


Milestones: 34 weeks feels like a milestone, and it is since she hasn't arrived yet, but we still have a few weeks to go to be in the safest range for delivery.


We don't have a middle name yet, but we've decided to go ahead and share our choice for her first name.  Our sweet little girl's name is Abigail.  Her name means "my father's joy" - so appropriate!  And, Abigail in the bible is described as intelligent and beautiful which of course we are sure our Abigail will be ;-)

Symptoms/Medical Concerns: The pain on my right side from the sciatic nerve has gotten pretty severe.  I've scheduled an appointment this week to see a chiropractor as several people have recommended it (including my doctor) so I'm hoping and praying that brings some relief.  I'm really struggling with not being physically able to do so much stuff that needs to be done - stuff for our sweet girl's arrive and just the every day to day stuff that has to be done to keep things in order.   I attempted twice this week getting out with Logan on my own and have had to accept that it's just not a safe choice for us right now, so I'm really struggling with that as well. Still also dealing with heartburn, restless leg, and some swelling.  No problems with seeing spots/blurriness this week though, so that's good.
 
Differences From Past Pregnancy: Can't think of any new ones right now.

What I Look Forward To: Same - still hoping to make it 3 more weeks to be considered full term.  I really want to go all the way to 40 weeks though.  I want her to have time to grow and gain the weight she needs to so hopefully the eating and sleeping will go well once she arrives.

Also, really hoping that my 36 week appointment (in 2 weeks) will have an ultrasound.  I really want to see my sweet girl again.  Obviously seeing her face for real will be the best, but I still want her to wait a while before she blesses us with her presence :)

Anything Else You'd Like to Share:  I got a message from the lady who I ordered the bedding from and she said she should be starting it today and that it should take a couple days.  So I'm thinking sometime next week we should have bedding for Abigail.  And since we've announced the name I can share this - it was quite funny to me that after picking the fabric for her I discovered that the name of the lavender damask pattern was Abigail Drew Lavender.  How cool is that?

Sorry, no picture again :(  I'm doing a terrible job with that...

No comments: