March 4, 2013

38 Weeks

38 Weeks

Total Weight Loss/Gain: I was up 37 at my appointment last week, but looks like I might be up another 2 again (yikes!).  I know she's not gaining that much that fast, so looks like I'm going to have some work to do after she comes.  I have an appointment tomorrow, so I will know for sure then.


Size of Baby: Our baby is about the size of a pumpkin! - approximately 18.9 to 20.9 inches and weighs about 6.2 to 9.2 pounds.  I'm going to throw out a guess and say she's around 7.

Maternity Clothes: Yep

 
Sleep: No changes...not much sleep happenin' here


Movement: Mostly just shifts, turns and stretches.  She's running out of room :)  She's also very sweet to kick/punch in some unpleasant places.  Sometimes I'm afraid she's going to break my water when she does it.  Ha!


Cravings/Aversions: Sweets still, lots of chocolate.  Probably the reason for all the gaining I'm doing here at the end.  I have tried to limit myself, but haven't done as good of a job as I should.  I've also forgotten to mention that Coke has been a big craving.  I'm not usually a huge soda drinker, but any time there is Coke available, I seem to want it.  I have avoided buying it because I really don't want to drink that much :)

 
What I Miss: Same - Sleep, having energy, and being able to be on my feet for longer periods of time so I can actually accomplish stuff.

 
Gender: Our sweet little girl - Abigail!


Mood: Doing better, getting things checked off the list is helping tremendously :)


Milestones: I can't believe I'm 38 weeks.  So excited each week that passes!  I'm sure if I make it to 40 I'll be thinking "Ok, you can seriously come any time now" but really I'm just thankful for each day that I get to carry her.  Looking forward to seeing her sweet face though!!


HUGE ONES - The room is painted, dresser is purchased & in the room, the crib is set up (and I thought that wasn't going to happen until later this week, but Brandon surprised me and last night after I went to bed he set it up.  Isn't he the best???), clothes are washed & in dresser/closet, and baby stuff is packed for the hospital (still working on my bag, but it's partially there).

Hopefully by next week I'll have some pictures to post, but I wanted to wait until a little bit more was completed before taking/posting pictures.

Symptoms/Medical Concerns: Mostly the same - still having some pain, but it's still manageable so I'm VERY thankful for that.
 
The heartburn is still fairly constant, but I'm thankful that it's not all that severe.
 
Restless leg is driving me crazy, even during the day. Still having swelling in my ankles (and some in my face) too, but definitely not as bad as it could be.
 
I had the crazy spots again yesterday, but only for a short while.
 
Stretch marks are getting ridiculous and I'm guessing they'll only get worse from here.  It's also making my belly VERY itchy, which is so not fun :(
 
Differences From Past Pregnancy: I was barely dilated at all on the day I went into labor with Logan (at 40 weeks 5 days), and am already dilating this time.  I wonder if it will result in her being earlier than her brother.

What I Look Forward To: Finishing the nursery - I'm in major get it done mode right now.  About to order some different knobs for the dresser to make it a little girlier, looking at fabric for curtains, made a plan to try to organize/declutter Brandon's office (the last HUGE area of need - still lots of little stuff, but this is the biggest and should help with some of other little spots), looking into getting the house cleaned, and a million other things racing through my mind that I'd like to try to do before her arrival...I think I'm nesting just a tad.  Ha!  I just wish I had been able to do this sooner.

Anything Else You'd Like to Share:  I was 1 1/2 centimeters at my appointment last Tuesday, and I have another appointment tomorrow, so I'm curious again to see if anything has changed.

No picture this week, sorry...

No comments: