February 11, 2013

35 Weeks

35 Weeks

Total Weight Loss/Gain: At my appointment I was up 31 pounds.  On the scale today it appears I'm about the same or slightly more.


Size of Baby: Our baby is about the size of a coconut - approximately 4.2 to 5.8 pounds and measures about 17.2 to 18.7 inches.

Maternity Clothes: Even my maternity shirts are starting to get on the short side and not covering as well...I think I'm a little big. Ha!

 
Sleep: Last night was especially rough. Dogs woke me up, then Logan woke up crying again (no idea why), then the dogs woke me up again.  Pretty much no sleep.


Movement: A lot calmer, but still pretty frequent.


Cravings/Aversions: Today I was craving a grilled cheese and tomato soup.  Had the stuff, made it, it was delicious but have been regretting the tomato soup because I've had lots of heartburn.  Oh well :) Also, still really loving and wanting sweets...

 
What I Miss: Same - sleep, walking without pain, and not being such an emotional basket case.

 
Gender: Our sweet little girl - Abigail!


Mood: It varies moment to moment. Ha!


Milestones: 35 weeks- only 5 to go!  One week closer to being considered full term :)


The bedding arrived today, so now I need to get moving on picking paint, finishing emptying the room, and getting it painted so we can get it all set up :)

Symptoms/Medical Concerns: I have seen the chiropractor 3 times in the last week, 2 of which I also got a 15 min. massage.  At first I wasn't sure it was doing anything, but this weekend I felt like the pain was a little less and I seem to have more mobility.  I don't think anything will completely fix it, but it's nice to be able to do slightly more than I was able to do before. Still also dealing with heartburn, restless leg, and some swelling.
 
Differences From Past Pregnancy: I'm pretty sure the sleep is worse this time around, but not 100% sure on that.

What I Look Forward To: Same - still hoping to make it 2 more weeks to be considered full term, but hoping for the full 5.

Anything Else You'd Like to Share:  I found out at my appointment that insurances no longer cover another ultrasound, so I won't get to see our sweet girl at my next appointment.  I'm so very sad about that :(  I am so curious as to how big she is and how she compares to what Logan was at this same point.

Also, nesting is driving me crazy, especially since I haven't been physically able to do much about any of it.  Yesterday, since I felt a tiny bit better and the nesting was making me crazy, I got a whole lot done in our master bedroom.  We have had a ridiculous amount of laundry clutter as I haven't been able to really keep on top of that, so I managed to tackle most of it.  I've got 3 boxes of give away, threw out stuff too, and most everything else has been hung up or folded and put away.  I'm so hoping to be able to finish the last bit soon and to maintain our new orderliness (is that a word?).  Don't get me wrong though, there's still plenty of clutter all over the rest of the house that is driving me crazy as well, along with lots of regular & deep cleaning, but I really need to tackle the last of the stuff in Abigail's room so we can move forward on everything else for her.  Hopefully, the rest will get completed at some point.

Here's a pic finally, but it's terrible.  I haven't gone anywhere and I had Brandon take it right before I was going to go to bed, so I apologize for the scariness.  However, you can see just how giant I am getting.  Ha!



1 comment:

Carol said...

Carissa, you look beautiful as usual! And I will agree with you. I think Miss Abigail is going to be a BIG, healthy, beautiful baby!