March 21, 2010

Spring Break!

This week has been such a huge blessing in so many ways. I'm very thankful that my job as a teacher has these built in breaks. The kids are not the only ones that need them!  I am in no way trying to rub it in to those of you who no longer get a spring break, but just wanting to share what a blessing this week has been.

I was able to accomplish some things that I haven't had time and energy to accomplish during my normal routine, and was also able to get some MUCH needed rest and relaxation as well.  I also had lots of play time with my sweet furry baby boys!  They sure do crack me up! I often miss out on enjoying just living during the school year because I have so many things to do, so much on my mind, not enough sleep and definitely not enough time in the day for everything. This week, I actually just enjoyed myself, my friends, and my family (well the ones that I was able to to get to see).

We spent the first weekend in Austin visiting my sweet Brother-in-law and Sister-in-law. They were such wonderful hosts!  My sweet niece kitty, Aurora, even put up with us taking over her space (and terrifying her with the air mattress). We had fun spending time together, helping with Bark for Life (American Cancer Society fundraiser), my SIL helped me pick out a new purse, cooked and ate lots of great food, and just plain enjoyed each others company!

Unfortunately though, the morning after we got back from Austin, my wonderful hubby had to leave me to go to South Carolina on business. I managed to keep myself busy while he was gone though. I got to babysit my favorite little boy Tuesday night, had a wonderful lunch and girl time with my mom on Wednesday, had a fun St. Patty's Day dinner with my bible study group at Chili's Wednesday night, on Thursday I got some work done around the house and made PW's pot roast and mashed potatoes for some sweet friends in our Sunday school class that just had a baby, and on Friday I had lunch with 2 of my favorite people at the Whistle Stop (great chicken salad - mm mm mmm). Then before I knew it, my hubby was home and we had a relaxing evening at home with leftover pot roast, mashed potatoes, and our DVR'd shows for the week.

It is hard to believe the week is over though. It flew by so fast! This weekend we had one of the wonderful couples from our bible study group over for dinner. We had grilled pork chops, wild rice (I accidentally burnt half of it so we also had leftover mashed potatoes), PW's green beans, and yummy chocolate filled chocolate chip cookies. We enjoyed hanging out with them, watching college basketball, and playing the ever changing, oh-so-fun, game of Fluxx.

Today we made it to church ON TIME!  Which is a record for us.  We practically live across the street from our church, but still can't seem to make it on time.  Then, Sunday afternoon we had lunch, worked out (gasp! I know...crazy huh?), watched Aggie basketball (so sad they lost in overtime), did lots of laundry, and tried to prepare for the week ahead.  I really really really could use one more week though.  I think if I just had one more week, my house would finally be where I want it.  I did make some good progress though, and will hopefully be posting an update and some pictures soon!

Hugs to you all!!  I hope that everyone has a GREAT week!!!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your well-deserved break! We had a great time with y'all.