January 28, 2010

Things teachers hear...

Besides just our name 150 million times (ok maybe that's not completely accurate.  It's more like 150 BILLION. Ha!)...

Today I had a student tell me that she likes it when I smile.  You might think, "awww that sure was sweet of her," but she said it right after I finished saying "I don't see a line that's ready to go home!  Cougar hugs and bubbles!"  I had also already sent them back to their tables because they didn't line up nicely the first time.  I'm wondering if she said that because she feels like I don't smile very much.  I will definitely have to be more conscious of that now!

At bus duty today, one of the kindergarten students asked me "Do you like being a teacher?" and I responded "I sure do, I love being a teacher!"  He then decided to share that "When I grow up to be a man, I'm going to be a a superhero!"  Too cute!  Just thought I'd share :)

If you need a little boost, kindergartners can be great for that (they can also be too honest, but mostly they're just sweet)!  I get to hear "I love you!" multiple times a day.  They just look up at you with a smile and say it,  It just melts my heart!  

Also, if you want to know anything at all about Transformers, I've got lots of contacts.  Just let me know.  They don't charge much. Ha!

Tomorrow is Friday!! Woohoo :)  Super excited for the weekend!  It starts out with me getting to babysit Nate tomorrow night, who I love and would totally keep if his parents weren't so attached to him!  At least they're nice enough to share him with me by going out on dates and letting me babysit :)  Then, on Saturday night, I get to have a fun dinner with Nate's parents.  Erica's birthday is on Monday, so we're going to celebrate her!  I am so blessed to be able to call her my friend!

Happy Friday everyone!

No comments: