March 18, 2013

40 Weeks

40 Weeks

Total Weight Loss/Gain: So I've gained a couple pounds each week the last few weeks, so my total today at my appointment is 43.  Yikes!  Looks like I've got some work to do after Abigail arrives :)  Oh well, she's worth it!


Size of Baby: Our baby is about the size of a jackfruit (pic below because I had no idea what one was...but seriously a watermelon seems bigger)! - approximately 18.9 to 20.9 inches and weighs about 6.2 to 9.2 pounds.  I think she'll be close to Logan in weight around 8 1/2 pounds.  Hopefully we'll know soon :)

Maternity Clothes: Same - Yep, but even some of those don't really fit.  I'm that huge.  Ha!

 
Sleep: What is that??


Movement: Same - mostly just shifts, turns and stretches.  She's running out of room :)  She's also very sweet to kick/punch in some unpleasant places.  Sometimes I'm afraid she's going to break my water when she does it.  Ha!


Cravings/Aversions: Same - Just food in general.  I'm just hungry and want to eat all the time.  Of course, I'm not hungry for the healthy stuff though.

 
What I Miss: Same - Sleep, having energy, and being able to be on my feet for longer periods of time so I can actually accomplish stuff.

 
Gender: Our sweet little girl - Abigail!


Mood: Excited, and super ready to meet our girl :)


Milestones: We are officially full term.  The full 40 weeks.  This is a huge answer to prayer, and honestly I didn't think we'd make it this far.  Although now that we're here, I'm super ready (and have been).


Symptoms/Medical Concerns:  Everything is mostly the same...
 
Lots of contractions that feel like they should be doing something, but obviously haven't :)
 
The heartburn is very annoying and frequent, but I'm thankful it's not more severe.
 
Restless leg is still driving me crazy, even during the day. Still having swelling in my ankles (and some in my face) too, but definitely not as bad as it could be.
 
Stretch marks are still bad and VERY itchy :(
 
Differences From Past Pregnancy: I'm much more uncomfortable at this point this time than I was with Logan.  I probably could have gone an extra week past when I delivered him before being uncomfortable.

What I Look Forward To: Crazy to say, but labor & delivery.  Mostly delivery.  However, I think labor is somewhat of a privilege.  Not everyone gets the opportunity to experience it and I think it's a beautiful thing (of course less pain would definitely be nice ;-)).

I am also, of course, very much looking forward to meeting our sweet girl, seeing what she looks like, holding her, kissing her, and all the other wonderful things that come along with being a momma.

Anything Else You'd Like to Share:  I was 2 cm dilated last week, and am still 2 cm dilated this week and still only about 50% effaced.  She doesn't seem to be making any moves towards exiting, but Logan didn't either and he just came.

This may be TMI but she stripped my membranes this appointment (and she did when I was 4 days late with Logan as well & I went into labor that afternoon).  I am hopeful that maybe it will work this time as well.  I've been having some contractions that I *think* may be a little different, but that may just be because I want them to be.  Ha!  Anyway, she said if it's going to work, it will happen within 24 hours.  I'm really hoping she takes it as a cue to exit :)

Here's a pic from yesterday in front of her crib. The lighting wasn't great so the color of her walls isn't as pretty as it is in person, but it's a peak into her room at the moment. Hopefully more room pics to come soon :)



1 comment:

Meredith said...

You look beautiful!! It was great to see y'all this weekend and of course, we can't wait to meet Abigail. You will be holding her in your arms very soon! :)