December 24, 2012

28 Weeks

28 Weeks

Total Weight Loss/Gain: It appears I'm up 22-23 pounds.


Size of Baby: Our baby is about the size of an eggplant - approximately 13.6 inches to 14.8 inches and weighs about 1.5 to 2.5 pounds.

Maternity Clothes: Running out of regular shirts that fit and even some of my maternity shirts are already seeming short.  I also only have 2 long sleeved maternity shirts...so I guess I'm going to have to start doing laundry often and layering for those colder days.  I have nothing Christmasy to wear tomorrow either...sorta bummed about that, but didn't plan ahead well enough.  Oh well!

 
Sleep: The past few nights have been especially bad.  A tired momma makes an emotional momma and with the added stress of the season, extra emotions is not exactly fun.


Movement: She is a mover just like her big brother was.


Cravings/Aversions:  Christmas breakfast tomorrow!! Woohoo!!

 
What I Miss: Just sleep.

 
Gender: It's a girl!


Mood: A little stressed trying to finish everything up by tomorrow, but come tomorrow I'll be ready to just relax and enjoy time with family :)


Milestones: I'm officially in my 3rd trimester.  How crazy!  I can't believe we're only 12 weeks (give or take a few days) from meeting our sweet little girl.

 
Symptoms/Medical Concerns: Still having a lot of pain in my hips/pelvis and my restless leg has been especially annoying lately.  Everything else is the same - Lots of Braxton Hicks, some nausea, little sleep, some hearburn and restless leg.


Differences From Past Pregnancy:  I wish a difference that I could add would be that I was actually making progress and/or done with nursery stuff since we're now getting closer, but unfortunately not.  It is a goal of mine though to have that be different and to have the nursery finished BEFORE she arrives :)


What I Look Forward To: Christmas tomorrow with family!  It's crazy that it's already here, and it's crazy that this is our last Christmas as a family of 3.  Logan is getting older and I think he'll really enjoy this year even though he still doesn't quite understand everything.  It's going to be fun and I'm super excited for tomorrow to get here :)


Anything Else You'd Like to Share: On Thursday I will have my glucose test.  The drink that everyone makes a big deal about doesn't bother me, I just hate having blood drawn.  Brandon is going with me though, so that is good. I'm also a little concerned I might fail this time.  I feel like sugar has affected me differently this pregnancy and I'm hoping it's not because I have gestational diabetes.  I'm not sure I can handle all the pricking/blood/testing that goes along with it.  Please pray I pass! :)

No pic today, but I might come back and edit it tomorrow with a Christmas day pic since I will hopefully look presentable tomorrow :)

No comments: