December 11, 2011

Logan's 1st Birthday Party

Yesterday, we celebrated Logan's first birthday with family.  It was so much fun, and we are so blessed to have such wonderful family!

One of my favorite authors/illustrators is Eric Carle.  One of my favorite stories of his is The Very Hungry Caterpillar.  So when I found a picture of a hungry caterpillar cupcake cake, I knew I had to make it, and we had to do a Very Hungry Caterpillar party for Logan's birthday.

I have to say, for my first attempt, I think it turned out pretty good!



We also made a Hungry Caterpillar out of lanterns for decoration.  Isn't he cute?


A few more details...

(we had to use grapes instead of plums - there were no plums to be found this time of year - ha!)

Caterpillar Food

Did you look closely? Ha!

Logan was very blessed with lots of wonderful gifts.

(The teddy bear is not a gift, but he has been very attached to it since his 12 month picture.  The rocking chair was from my parents.  It was mine when I was little.)

Getting ready to open his gifts!

He was only semi interested in opening presents, but after he opened the first toy, he pretty much only wanted to play at that point.  He got lots of fun toys, some much needed clothes, books, a pair of TOMS (so cute!), straw sippy cups, and a red wagon!  He is one blessed little boy!

After gifts, it was time for cake!

(Sorry about the terrible coloring of the photo - we had bad lighting, and I have no photoshop or photoshop skills, so you'll just have to accept this poor quality photo :) )

Not sure what to think of it!

Hmm...

Hey, this stuff's not too bad!

Yum!

He did not end up eating a whole lot of the cake, and after he was finished, he definitely needed a bath.  This resulted in a very unhappy Logan.  He does not like having his hair washed, so there was a lot of screaming and crying at this point.  Luckily, after he was bathed and redressed, he got to play with his new toys and was quickly happy again.  Unfortunately, I have no pictures after this point because I was busy trying to get dinner finished, served, feed Logan, and spend time with our family.  Oh well!

It was a great party, and we are definitely very blessed.  Thanks to all of our family for loving on our sweet boy!

2 comments:

Gayle Bellomy said...

How precious!

K. McDonald said...

I can't believe he is already one! What a cute cake! I love it. Happy Birthday, Logan!