November 1, 2011

Logan's 1st Halloween

I'm excited about the holiday season, especially now that we have Logan.  I am looking forward to all the new family traditions we will make for our own little family.  I think it will be fun to blend some of each of our families' and create some new ones all our own.

I'm not sure what our traditions for Halloween will be as our families were pretty different with their Halloween traditions and each year we've been married it seems like we do something different.

My side of the family has never really been huge celebrators of Halloween.  We did some dressing up and trick-or-treating when we were little, but later switched to having a special movie night on Halloween.  In Brandon's family it was celebrated a little more and they dressed up and trick-or-treated each year.  I think we'll just take it a year at a time and decide from there.  It sure is fun to dress a baby up, and ogle over just how cute he is :)

(Excuse the toys everywhere - I didn't bother to clean up before taking the picture)

Logan is wearing his Daddy's costume, that was hand sewn for him by his grandma - Mimi (Logan's great grandma).  Brandon was 13 months when he wore it and Logan is almost 11, so they are pretty close in age (although Logan's big head, almost didn't fit - ha!). Here are their pics.  Aren't they the cutest?


It almost looks like the same child, huh?  Brandon can't ever deny that Logan is his child.  Not that he would want to ever deny that such a cute, handsome, smart, athletic, well-behaved and talented child is his - ha! ;)

This year, since Logan isn't really old enough to get the concept of trick-or-treating, and he can't have the candy, and we certainly don't need the candy, we opted not to go trick-or-treating in our neighborhood (although we still ended up with a ton of candy because Brandon took a bunch from his parents - ha! Oh well).

Even though my family doesn't make a big deal of Halloween, I decided to give them a surprise visit yesterday.  We went during the day because they weren't going to be home last night (they take dance lessons - If you have never had the pleasure of getting to watch them, I just thought I'd let you know they are really good :) ).  My Dad was at work and that is on the way to my parent's house, so we stopped there first.  Logan did great and even let me put his headband on without pulling it off (at home when I had tried to take pictures, he wouldn't leave it on).  We surprised Papa, had fun playing at his office, and then headed to my parents house.


I had intended to show up, ring the door bell and say "Trick or Treat" to my Mom, but as luck would have it, she had gone to run errands (but we didn't know this) after her morning class that she teaches, so she wasn't home.

So...Logan, Papa and I had lunch while we tried to get in touch with Grandma.  She made it home right before we had to leave for Logan's nap, so he got to see her for a little bit, but was not as cooperative for picture time.  However, my Dad did get a picture of my Mom showing Logan how to give kisses and I think if you look closely, it looks like Logan is trying to copy her.


After Brandon got home from work, we loaded up the car and headed to Gigi & Poppy's house to surprise them too.  We rang their doorbell and Gigi answered with a bowl of candy thinking we were their first trick-or-treaters.  She screamed and Poppy quickly realized what was going on and came to share in the excitement.


While we were on that side of town we also stopped by to surprise Mawmaw & Pawpaw (Logan's great-grandparents), and one of his Great Aunts & Great Uncles (We didn't get any pictures of any of these visits because it was just a quick stop and I didn't think about it).

I think it's pretty safe to say that the grandparents were surprised and loved getting to see their little "Indian" boy.

Happy Halloween from the Todds!!

No comments: