May 8, 2011

My First Mother's Day


On Mother's Day, our church does child dedications, so we decided to have Logan dedicated that day.  We were very blessed to be surrounded by many members of our family and friends.  Unfortunately, by the time the service was over, Logan was tired, and not a happy camper, so we elected not to take a picture with everyone.  Here are a few from the service though.  We just don't have a picture of all of those who came to support us.



The verse we chose for Logan is Colossians 1:9-12 (NIV)
"For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of His will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please Him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of His holy people in the kingdom of light."

After the service we went home and had lunch with our families.  We were able to get a few photos before Logan had to go down for his nap and then a few more after he napped.


This is my favorite...

Logan & some of his biggest fans...





I did not know what to expect for my first mother's day or how I would feel, but it was a great day and I'm so glad that I am Logan's mother.  It kind of felt like every day since becoming a mother has felt - it's the absolute best.  It is kind of fun to be celebrated for a day (and of course to celebrate the other wonderful mothers in my life), but really just the blessing of being a mom is the best gift of all.  I'm overwhelmed each day with the best feelings of love, gratitude, and joy for this wonderful gift God has given me!

No comments: