May 21, 2013

2 months


Abigail,

You are 2 months old!!  At your appointment today you weighed 12 pounds 9 ounces (84th percentile), were 23 inches long (80th percentile), and your head circumference was 16 inches (that's the 98th percentile!! LOL).  You are no longer bigger than what your brother was at the same age, except for head size, you were the same.  However, girls apparently have smaller heads because he was only 65th percentile with a 16 inch circumference.

You are such a happy, smiley little girl.  You love to see people and for them to talk to you. You will talk back & smile that beautiful smile with your sweet little dimples.

Today, you laughed at Grandma which was the very first time I have heard you laugh.  I hope it doesn't take long before you are laughing regularly :)

You love your baby gym!  You smile & coo at the lights and love to kick the little hammer that hangs from the giraffe.  You also wave your arms around, and recently it seems like maybe you are intentionally trying to hit the toys that are hanging.


You have started putting your hand in your mouth recently.  I was worried at first because you were preferring it over your paci at times, but you still want your paci when you are tired, so I don't think I have to worry about you switching.  I think you've just discovered something new and it's fun :)

You have also discovered your tongue and like to stick it out at us.  It cracks us up!

Aunt Marmar let us borrow Maryellen's swing and you seem to enjoy it.  Mommy is thankful for this as it allows me to put you someplace safe when I need to do things with Logan.  You also take some good naps in it too.


I just put you in a 3-6 month outfit today to see how it would fit and it fits you PERFECTLY.  Seriously, growing way too fast!  You have a lot of clothes in this size and I've already washed most of them, so hopefully you don't grow out of them too fast :)

 
You are still wearing size 1 diapers, but could technically wear size 2.  The 1s still fit at the moment, so I'm waiting a little longer since you get more size 1s in a pack making them cheaper :)

 
You are sleeping 6-7 hours at night.  You usually go to bed between 11 & midnight and wake up sometime between. 6-7.  You are still sleeping in your Rock N Play in our room because we still have not put curtains in your room.  We have the curtains & Daddy is getting a rod today, so hopefully they will be up soon and we will move you into your room.

We dedicated you at church on Mother's Day.  We are thankful God blessed us with you and will do our best to raise you in a way that honors God.

I feel so blessed to be your Mommy!! I am thankful God gave you to me and made me a Mommy for a 2nd time.  I love you so much and look forward to all that God has planned for you!

Love,

No comments: