March 5, 2012

More Cookies!!

The blog is all updated with Logan's daily posts through Saturday, and I even posted his 14 month post since his 15 month is this week.  Sorry it's so late.  You'll have to go back to Feb. 7th to view it though.  Ok, now for cookies...

So I think I might have a slight problem.  I think I'm obsessed with making cookies.  I offered to make some simple cookies for my friend, Erica's, son, Nate's 3rd birthday.  They were having a Cars themed birthday, and my friend, Tracy (that taught me how to do the cookies) had done that for her son's as well.  I asked to borrow her flag & #3 cookie cutter because I thought I could handle those, but said I would pass on the car ones since it's only my second time to try.  She gave me the car ones anyway and told me I could totally do it since they were imprint cutters (Thanks Tracy for encouraging me!!).  I decided to be brave and try it.  Well, once I got my mind set that I was going to try it, I couldn't just settle for trying and failing (even though I originally said if it didn't turn out ok, I'd just eat it - ha!), so I spent a lot of time on the internet looking at other people's Cars cookies trying to figure out just exactly how I should do it.

I am pretty proud of how they turned out even though I'm still struggling with the fact that they don't look the way I want them to.  I'm still learning how to get the icing just the right consistency and get the techniques down too.  So to me, when I look at the cookies I see TONS of imperfections, but everyone at the party seemed to like them, so that made me feel good :)  I can't wait to get better at this!

I didn't manage to get very many "in process" pictures (translation- I only got one. Oops!).  It was already late and I was more concerned with getting the cookies finished than about remembering to take pictures.  Oh well!

 
 All finished!



I'm seriously considering doing this for a little extra income.  Being on one income now definitely has things tight, so finding something I enjoy that also helps our family out financially is a pretty awesome thing.  I just have to figure out how it would all work.  Although, I will say, if I do end up doing this, I think I'm going to have to have separate prices for different types of cookies.  The ones like Lighting McQueen can be VERY time consuming.  And, when you multiple shapes, it takes longer too.  They are so fun, and so yummy though!


No comments: